Wow, just as I had published my blog post yesterday I have received a notification from the lovely Jess saying that she has nominated me for the Beauty Blogger Awards! Here is the link to her own blog post where she has answered a number of interesting questions from other bloggers who have nominated her.
I have never been nominated for anything like this, as you may know, I am quite new in the blogging world, and do not consider myself a beauty blogger as I tend to just write on my blog about so many different things… but it is so exciting for me to take part in this tag 🙂 It is so much fun! Thank you, Jess, for the nomination!
So, lets get back to business:
- State the name of the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
And here are my answers to the questions I was given by Jess:
1. Who’s your go-to Youtuber to watch?
I really enjoy watching beauty-related videos by the UK YouTuber Hannah Georgina, and my all time favourite is Emily Eddington who lives in the US. I love them both for being very honest in their reviews of products and just seem like the girlfriends you would have beauty and non-beauty related chats with.
2. Lipstick or Lip Gloss?
Hmmm, I have to admit it is neither. I am more of a lip balm kind of girl. I am not big on make up when it comes to wearing it, even though I actually own a few nice make up items. I really must make an effort and start using them! My mum constantly nags me saying that I should. One day, maybe… Is it weird that I LOVE watching make up related videos and read about make up, but do not actually wear it?
3. What’s your favourite restaurant and fave thing to eat there…?
This is a tough one. So many favourites… I am spoilt because I live in London, I feel that in the last 10 years or so this city has become such a gourmet capital! You can find just about any cuisine of the world here.
I suppose I do love a good pizza and Home Slice Pizza makes amazing 20″ pizzas with lovely unusual toppings, I usually go to the one in Neil’s Yard.
4. Talk me through your daily makeup routine…
Oh, this is an easy one because I do not actually have one. Usually a quick glance in the mirror before I go out and some lip balm and I am done. Sometimes, when I get rosacea flare up or spots I will apply some concealer. That’s it!
5. What’s your signature scent (i.e what perfume do you wear)?
It is usually something with strong vanilla notes. My firm favourite is Serge Lutens “Un Bois Vanille” (I have run out of it and need to re-stock), but I am currently using up Van Cleef & Arpels “Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille” which I bought as an alternative. But in the last month I have been mostly using my Tom Ford “Jasmin Rouge”, was feeling more “floral” during January for some reason. Incidentally, I have posted a blog about it a couple of days ago.
6. Did you dress up for last halloween? What as?
I am boring, I don’t really celebrate Haloween (being married to an Englishman who thinks Halloween is just another craze from America could partly be responsible for that). I am quite open minded though and would not mind dressing up. As a black cat maybe? And I do like the pumpkins, toasted marshmallows and the whole atmosphere around Haloween.
7. If you had to go without A) Internet or B) TV for a week which would you choose?
Most definitely B. Internet is now like oxygen to me. Well, not literally, of course, but it feels like I could not do without it. Especially now that I love writing on my blog every day!
8. Who is your favourite person in the world?
Might sound a bit cheesy but it is most definitely my dearest, the love of my life, my husband Simon. He is such a caring, kind, super intelligent person, most loyal friend. I would be lost without him.
9. What song always makes you cry?
I cannot think of any that make me cry nowadays… I think I used to cry to some of Roxette’s songs when I was in my late teens. “Things will never be the same” is quite a powerful song…
10. Silly one to finish: Would you rather fight 10 horse sized ducks, or 100 duck sized horses?
I am no fighter. I hate fighting. I’d rather not fight but sit down and settle any differences by means of talking. Although in this case I realise neither ducks or horses can talk (no matter what size they are), so I am not sure how this situation would work out.
Wohoo, that wasn’t too bad, I think. And now for the tricky part. Who can I nominate next? I hope the lovely Aliz, Lesya, Tarika, Hannah, Amanda, Mrs Dimples, Karen, Elvisa, Kaily, Simran would not mind being tagged in this!
And here are my questions for you to answer:
- What is your favourite skincare product and why?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- Describe your “guilty pleasure”.
- Describe your best holiday destination.
- What do you like the most about blogging?
- Who inspires you (your role model)?
- What is your favourite mascara brand?
- Do you have a favourite hair care brand? If so, which one is it and why?
- Describe your beauty or non-beauty “product from hell” experience.
- Beauty tip you would give to your younger self (or anyone else)?
Phew, coming up with the questions was the hardest part for me… I hope you will enjoy answering them! I will be looking forward to seeing your answers 🙂
I hope you have enjoyed reading this. Thank you so much again, Jess, for nominating me for the Blogger Award!